Friday, February 18, 2011

This and That

*This is what the inside of my brain feels like for a few months after I have a baby:

Photobucket



It takes a while to clear out spaces amongst all the thoughts and between all the fatigue that come swirling in with a new person (as it obviously takes me a while to surface from the hurricane of the morning routine and breakfast dishes). So when I went back to work when Lil' Drummer was 3 months old, you can understand that this was still a work in progress. Come to think of it, it still is. But I need an excuse for the following anecdote, as you will see.

A 3rd year medical student was shadowing me one morning. And running on a little sleep, I kept forgetting to grab my stethoscope off the nurses station before I went into a room. So as we'd go to examine a patient, I'd exclaim to the medical student, "Oh! I keep forgetting my stethoscope. Can I borrow yours?" "Sure," he'd say, and hand it over. This went on for 2 or 3 patient's. Finally, while we were standing outside of a room, he said to me, "You know, you're welcome to keep using my stethoscope, but yours is right there. In your pocket."

I looked down and sure enough, the stethoscope that I kept claiming not have, was sitting right there.

"Oh, right!" I said. And trying not to blush, I also decided not to think of what my patient's thought of my borrowing another stethoscope when mine was so obviously available. Maybe they thought it was some other piece of medical equipment sticking out of my pocket? One can only hope.


*That Lil' Drummer has required a lot of this today:Photobucket


His teeth are bugging him and causing us to have a few nighttime interruptions the last few nights. But you know what? There's still no one I'd rather share a few cheerios with:


Photobucket

Photobucket


*This Valentine's Day Banner (or something akin to a banner...Tiny Dancer and I lost steam when it came to connecting our paper our hearts) makes my mantle so cheery. I'd like those hearts and those Tulips up for months. Can we pretend it's still 'Valentine's Day Season'?

Photobucket

Photobucket



*That party was rockin'. Too bad no one was invited except for me. The chef is divine--she serves innovative combinations like raw onion and green apple. Maple syrup is the key ingredient in everything.
Photobucket



*This article is a wake-up call for parents. It's really scary to hear how many crib related accidents and deaths there are. I know we'll be checking ours to make sure it's safe, and lowering it in an attempt keep Lil' Drummer inside. This little dude is already scaling his baby gates. And it gives me heartburn. :)

*Happy Weekend!*

4 comments:

  1. Really like the BIG pictures. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you said "THIS is what the inside of my head feels like," I looked at that picture and thought "Oh, thats nice, her head feels clean and organized." It took me a few moments to realize that people like you view that room as unorganized/dirty. Oh and lil F is SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog! We actually just got our crib repair kit from the manufacturer.

    I couldn't help but notice that you have a Pottery Barn Kids kitchen set? Either that or it is the generic that looks very much like it. We're trying to save up money for the Pottery Barn Kids one for the kids this Christmas. How do you like yours? We need three pieces for the three kids. Of course they can't share, well two can but one can't. Then the Pottery Barn Kids one appears to have no adhesives? Is this correct? We can't settle for a plastic one because it can send Adam to the hospital with reactions to the stickers. (Words cannot express how difficult a life threatening allergy to adhesives is!). Anyways, I'd love to hear your comments about your kitchen set, either on my blog or on facebook or something. It may sound silly, but it's a lot of money to spend.

    Hang in there through the teething phase! I always find it funny that babies are at their cutest during the teething phase. Heavenly Father must have planned it that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovin the pics! Keep 'em coming! loves!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me Something Fabulous