Friday, March 11, 2011

This and That

*This morning was gray and rainy. Tiny woke up and crawled into bed just a few minutes before my alarm went off. And since there would be nothing better than letting her snuggle between us for an extra half an hour of sleep on a rainy morning, I was more disappointed than usual when my phone went off moments later. Especially since I was supposed to be in half an hour earlier than normal to staff the walk-in clinic.

I Eeyeor'ed my way through my get-ready routine, and kissed the family goodbye. I tried to keep my pack mule self (laptop bag, lunch bag, Medela pump bag, gift bag) dry as I darted through the raindrops to my car.

When I walked in to my office, I was surprised to see that no one waiting to be seen. I guess the rain, or rather the dramatic forecasts for the rain, had kept them all home for an extra hour or two. So, my nurse and I put our feet up and talked about life, her upcoming move, and the office happenings.

I'd rather have snuggled my littles, but a slow start and a nice conversation with my nurse, were good consolation prizes on this cozy day.

*That photo shoot with my talented friend, Tab, was a lot of fun. As a mom, I feel like I rarely end up in the shot with my kids, so I'm so happy to have some of me with them.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

*This week a lot of patients have been asking me what I think of the Atkins diet. Seeing as I don't think much of it, I should direct them to this article. The Mediterranean diet has much to recommend it--including good science!

*That Lil' Drummer is a sweet natured little guy. He is particularly sweet natured when you don't try to prevent him from the following types of activities:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

*This weekend, Rockstar and I have two dates planned, and I'm pretty happy about it. I figure we're just making up for lost time, since those first six or seven months after a baby are kind of a wasteland that way.
Happy Weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Have fun on your dates! Love the the pictures! You have such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics with your kids!!! So sweet. And good for you guys with your two dates! We're still in wasteland phase over here, so I'm glad SOMEone is going out. ;) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures Kate! Adorable kids and beautiful Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the photos, I love seeing you and the kids!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me Something Fabulous